What is covid-19?
Covid-19 or coronavirus is a newly discovered highly infectious virus causing coronavirus diseases.
What are the symptoms of Covid-19?
As the virus is mutating itself almost regularly and producing various symptoms of the Covid-19 infection, but the most common symptoms are-
- DRY COUGH,
Other less common symptoms are-
- LOSS OF TASTE OR SMELL,
- NASAL CONGESTION,
- SORE THROAT,
- NAUSEA OR VOMITING,
Symptoms of severely affected
- Shortness of breathing,
- Loss of appetite,
- Persistent pain or pressure in chest,
- High temperature (above 38),
What are the roles of physiotherapy in Covid-19 Rehabilitation?
- Ventilated patients are referred to physiotherapy for clearing the airways.
- Suctioning, Postural drainage, shaking, vibration, clapping over the chest wall,
- Nebulisation, Chest mobility exercises, coughing techniques, breathing exercise
Post-covid rehabilitation includes:-
Post covid physiotherapy from a genuine Rehab center or through a qualified physiotherapist is very much important to get fully recovered from covid-19.
Post-covid rehabilitation includes-
- ACBT (Active Cycle Breathing Techniques)
- Bedside activities-
- Seated knee extensions,
- Seated hip flexion,
- Sit to stand,
- Shoulder press,
- Sideways leg lift,
- Straight leg rise,
- Standing leg exercise,
Complete full recovery from covid19 symptoms requires a minimum of two weeks post-covid rehabilitation in full swing. If you need assistance from a professional physiotherapist in Kolkata at home, then be in touch with Physio Care Services.